Take a drive...
Here are a few full day self-drive trips in the Cederberg that you can enjoy with Mount Ceder as your base:
• Spend the day in the central Cederberg (Cederberg Wilderness) visiting Algeria Forest Station, Stadsaal caves & rock art, Cederberg Cellars winery, possibly swimming at Maalgat rockpools. Mostly gravel road.
• Scenic drive over Pakhuis to the Sevilla rock art trail to look at the Rock Art. Continue via the Englishman’s grave to Wupperthal mission village. On the way back visit Louis Leipoldt’s grave and the Soldier’s Head. Partly tar & partly gravel
• Take a rooibos farm safari (or a flower safari in season) at Elandsberg Eco-Reserve.
• Flower season: Scenic drive over Pakhuis to the Sevilla rock art trail then continue to Bieudouw Valley for the flower displays. Visit the Englishman’s grave and Soldier’s Head on your return. Partly tar & partly gravel
• Drive to Pakhuis pass and then enjoy the Jeep track walking trail to Heuningvlei (12 km, 2½ hours). Enjoy lunch & a short tour of the mission village of Heuningvlei. Then take the donkey cart ride back to the pass in the afternoon. Mostly tar road
• Range of scenic walks including the Maltese Cross, Wolfberg Cracks, Pakhuis circular walk. Note that these walks are not full day walks but assume that you need to drive to get to the start of the walk.